Thank you for choosing UNM Sandoval Regional Medical Center for your healthcare needs!
Our Medical & Surgical Clinics are located on the 2nd and 3rd Floors of the Physician Arts Building (on the north side of the main hospital building). Please click here for directions to our facility.
What to Expect
Before your Appointment
- Pre-registration Process: You will be called before your appointment for registration information to help reduce your wait time on the day of your appointment.
- To get the most out of your visit with us, please arrive at least 15 minutes early for your appointment.
- At this time, we do not accept walk-in appointments. Please call 505.994.7397 to schedule an appointment.
Your First Visit
- During your first visit, your provider has to get to know you through a detailed discussion of your medical history.
- You will fill out a form to help us get to know you. Talking about your health history will take up most of the first visit, so all of your concerns may not be addressed. Some of these concerns may need to be discussed during an additional visit.
- Please bring all relevant medical records and a current list of medications, including all over the counter medications you take routinely.
- During your visit, your provider will discuss what things are recommended for you based on your medical history and age. This may include things such as mammograms, PAP smears, lab work and colonoscopies.
- If additional exams are recommended, we will help you schedule these appointments.
If you are Late…
- First, call the clinic at 505.994.7397 as soon as you can to let us know that you are running late.
- If less than 10 minutes late: your provider will see you, but you will have less time with the provider so as to not take up time from other patients.
- If more than 10 minutes late, and if your provider has an opening later that day, you will be offered this time. Additionally, you could be seen by another provider on that same day if there is an opening, or you may be rescheduled for another day.