Thank you for choosing UNM Sandoval Regional Medical Center for your medical care. We are honored and proud to welcome you to the UNM SRMC family!
UNM Sandoval Regional Medical Center is committed to providing you with the best care available. Every effort is made to ensure that your stay is as pleasant as possible, and we sincerely hope that your healing is encouraged and stimulated by our friendly and knowledgeable staff.
To enhance the quality of your stay, our inpatient units offer the following features:
- All of our inpatient rooms include a private bed and bathroom
- Daily room cleanings by our friendly Environmental Services staff
- A family member or friend can stay overnight! Each patient room is equipped with a fold-out bed to ensure the comfort of your loved one
- Inpatient units remain locked for your safety
- Your family and friends can call you directly by dialing the seven-digit number on the phone in your room. You can also make calls in the 505 area code free of charge by dialing “8” and the seven-digit number
- You may use cell phones, computers, or other wireless devices inside the hospital as long as the device is at least ten feet away from medical equipment
- WI-FI internet access
- TV with basic cable is available in each patient room
- You can bring your own pillows, blankets, and clothing for your personal comfort
- Visiting hours are 24-hours a day*
During your stay, you will receive care from a dedicated medical team whose number one priority is your health and well-being. In addition to the medical provider overseeing your treatment, a primary nurse and a charge nurse will be available to assist you at any time.
We encourage our inpatient guests to bring their own toiletries and any personal items that will enhance their stay, including books, magazines and other forms of entertainment. Please have all outside electronic devices pre-approved prior to use.
*Please note that UNM SRMC does not allow guests under the age of 14 during flu season*
For Your Special Needs
Interpreter Services: SRMC has a telephonic interpreter service available upon request. Ask your nurse or physician for details.
Hospital Volunteers: UNM SRMC Volunteers assist hospital staff, patients and guests. They are located at the Concierge/Information area in the front lobby. To contact them dial 7000. Volunteers will assist you with checking in and will update your family as you are being treated.
Chapel: The Chapel is located on the first floor of the hospital near the main entrance. This is a good place for you to gather your family and spend some quiet time while your loved one is being cared for by their provider. The schedule of hours will be posted at the Nurses Stations when available.
Pastoral Care: Chaplains are available to any patient. Your charge nurse will work with the Manager of Guest Services to identify a volunteer Chaplain that meets your spiritual needs.
Preparing to go Home
When you are ready for discharge, your doctor will write a discharge order. Your doctor and our nursing staff will prepare instructions for medications, diet, activity and additional treatment. We will discuss your discharge instructions with you and provide you with any necessary paperwork and prescriptions before you leave. If there is something you do not understand, please ask questions and make sure your concerns are addressed prior to discharge.
Once you are notified of your discharge, please arrange for transportation home. After discharge, if your doctor requests nursing care or the use of medical equipment, we will assign you a case manager to help you make arrangements.